Additional Fees

I have had a business account with Direct energy for over 7 years.Several months ago direct energy sent a letter to my address to the attention "current occupant".

The letter stated that services would be disconnected if no one was occupying the space. I called immediately and they said that we cancelled our account. I assured them that we were in full operation and the account was never cancelled by anyone in our Organization. Prior to discussing with me they asked me many security questions to as I am the only authorized person on this account.

Upon further research I found out that my neighbour had cancelled their address but Direct Energy inadvertently cancelled the wrong address. He had realized this and called, Direct assured him it would be corrected and my business would be unaffected. Not the case. I called 3 times, the first they tried to charge me a new deposit and a reinstatement of account fee, I believe it was 200.00 for the deposit and approx.

37.00 for reinstatement. After speaking with a manager they told me that they would waive the deposit and reinstatement fee. Gee, thanks. A month goes by and I get a demand letter for the 200 dollars and have been charged a nominal amount for reinstatement.

I call again and they assure me it will be credited and removed from my next bill so I paid what was owed for services provided.

A short time later I receive another demand letter and even though I have been paying for my services they charged me interest on the deposit amount.I called again and they say now I have to pay the deposit and interest.

Review about: Direct Energy Regulated Services Account.

Reason of review: Someone else cancelled my account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

We are sorry to hear of this experience. We sent you a private message so we can gather some account details in effort to get this reviewed right away. All the best, - Cole