I received 2 cancellation notices for account numbers that were not mine in late June. Phoned and emailed to find out where these came from.

Never got an answer. Less than a week later, received the "pink" bill from Direct Energy home services, and 2 days later received 2 blue bills from Direct Energy Regulated Services charging $500 signup fee. Phoned and refused to pay. Received a bill the next month with half the signup fee credited.

Phoned to get an explanation and was told nothing. Received another notice saying account was overdue. Paid it up.

Haven't received a bill since but did received a $150 "refund cheque". Don't know why.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Billing tactics.

Comments

DirectEnergyHelp
Houston, Texas, United States #1321480

Good Afternoon, we are very sorry in the delayed response and to hear of your negative experience with Direct Energy. We want the opportunity to look into your account to resolve your issue if it has yet to be addressed.

Please email us at dedigitalcare@directenergy.com with your full name, account number, phone number, mailing/service address, and your issue needing to be addressed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and have a wonderful day. -Rose

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1025811

Direct energy is a scam. They came to my house, gave me a meter and told me it was easy to install.

I couldn't install it. I called one electrician who told me he doesn't do that type of work. The second electrician told me that I couldn't install it because I don't have enough wires. I needed 5 where the meter was to be installed and I only had 3.

Direct Energy knew exactly what they were doing. The took advantage of an elderly woman.

DirectEnergyHelp